Pages

All Because of Chickens

Friday, August 9, 2013

Meet Erin Albert


Tell us something about yourself.
I am the only child of a single mother.  The year I turned fifteen, my mother married my stepfather (whom I call my father because we love each other like that) after eight years of dating.  I played many sports until a knee injury sidelined me.  In high school, I did a lot of acting and writing that carried over to my college years.  Today, I’m a fitness trainer (after a lot of work to fix my knees) and an author.  I guess I haven’t changed a whole lot!  LOL!
Your first novel, The Prophecy, is due out in November. Can you tell us a little about the book?
The Prophecy is the story of a girl kidnapped by religious fanatics and proclaimed the fulfillment of an ancient peace prophecy.  You can get a sneak peek of the characters and the world here.  http://www.erinalbertbooks.com/1/post/2013/06/the-prophecy-world-and-characters.html
What prompted you to write the novel.

I was watching a movie one night, and the idea literally hit me out of nowhere.  I jotted down some notes, contacted my friends to see if the story sounded interesting, and started writing. 

The Prophecis your first novel. Have you always wanted to be a writer?
Yes, my whole life.  As a little girl, I dreamed of seeing a book I wrote at the library or bookstore. 

Who is your favorite writer? Favorite book?
My favorite writer(s) right now are:  Rick Riordan, Richelle Mead, George R.R. Martin, and Cassandra Clare.
My favorite writer(s) of all time:  Shakespeare, EB White, Beverly Cleary, and Judy Blume.

What do you do in your spare time?
Spare time?  What is that?  LOL!  I am a runner, kickboxer, and reader in my “spare time.”

Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I’m a total pantser.  I’m ADD, so I don’t plan much of anything in life.  If I spent the time plotting, I’d never actually write the book because I’d get bored too fast.  LOL!

What's your favorite bit of writing advice?
Never give up!  Don’t stop writing, don’t stop reading, don’t stop trying to make your dreams a reality.

What was the most difficult part of writing your novel? The easiest?
The easiest part is the writing itself.  That’s exciting and fun!  The hardest part is editing.  I obsess over every detail, word choice, and sentence structure.  It takes forever. 

I see from your blog you're a member of the Grammar Police {grin}. What grammatical error do you find the most annoying?
Yes, I am, but I can’t spell at all!  LOL!  I have two main soapboxes.  1) Fewer or less.  If you can count it, you use fewer (except with time, distance, and money). If you can’t count it, use less.  At the store, the sign should read “10 items or fewer.” 2) The death of adverbs.  I’ve noticed in commercials and on television programs, adverbs are going the way of the dinosaur.  When people say things like, “She sings beautiful” or “She walks slow,” I get a nervous tic!  ;)
What are you working on now?
I am currently working on revisions to The Prophecy’s sequel, The Outlanders.

Where can readers find you on the web?


Find me online:

Twitter:  @ErinAlbertBooks




Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Erin, thanks for being on the blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting me!! Yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for participating and leaving us a comment.