Pages

All Because of Chickens

Friday, June 20, 2014

School of Deaths Book Trailer

Cam a timid girl find bravery as the first female Death?  

Author Christopher Mannino recently released a book trailer for his new YA Fantasy School of Deaths.

  

For me, the trailer itself was a bit of a journey.  I teach high school theatre, so was able to recruit some of my students.  One of my students filmed, and the others acted.  However, despite 25 years experience in live theatre, this was one of my first experiences with film.  The trailer, which is only two minutes long, took 3 and half hours to film, and nearly three months to edit.  It premiered as part of my book launch, at a Halloween-themed mini-golf course, where I showed it on Friday the 13th.  The book isn't scary, in fact most of the recent reviews have compared it to Harry Potter in terms of feeling/style- but it does have darker elements that tie in with Halloween.


Now, to celebrate the release of the trailer, I've launched a new contest.  If anyone shares the trailer at least five times, they could win a 20 dollar Amazon gift card.  See http://www.christophermannino.com/events-and-contests.html for full details.  And without further ado, the trailer itself:


5 comments:

  1. Morning Chris - That was fabulous! What a wonderful job and the kids were great! I would be more than happy to share it.....if I knew how - LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. Heres the Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AeszKiTz0k

      Delete
  2. Great trailer. Intriguing premise. Is it on YouTube where we can copy the link and post it? Congratulations on the video and your book. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes- it's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AeszKiTz0k

      Delete
  3. Chris, absolutely wonderful trailer. I'm in awe. As to how long it takes, my only experiience was filming a bit for one of my kids for a school project. Film was minutes, took a couple of hours to film. We didn;t edit. It was a bit from Hunt for Red October and it was loads of fun to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for participating and leaving us a comment.