Pages

All Because of Chickens

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Interview with Antje Hergt

Our guest today is Antje Hergt, author of the series, 
The Reluctant Dragonhunter



Who are some of your favorite authors?
           
Lucy Maud Montgomery
Astrid Lindgren
Nele Neuhaus

What motivated you to become a writer and at what age?
           
I was asked to tell a friend’s son a goodnight story and thus Darinel and the dragon were created. I was in my thirties. In my twenties, I wrote short stories in German.

What 3 words describe you as a person?
           
Reliable, honest and direct.

What 3 words describe you as a writer?
           
Inspired, a dreamer and persistent.

When not writing, how do you spend your time? Hobbies?
           
I read lots of books, go running or XC Skiing, but I also find time to knit and chat with friends.

Do you remember the first story you ever read, and the impact it had on you?
           
The Legend of Tim Tyler: The Boy Who Lost His Laugh by James Krüss.
I was shocked by the idea that you could sell and lose your laughter.

Describe your desk.
           
I don’t have a writing desk. Mainly I sit on my couch with my laptop on my knees.

Who is the main character?
           
The main character is Prince Darinel who we know from the first book.

What is his story?
           
After he married Princess Tuskja, she was cursed and falls into a deep sleep. Now Darinel and his friend, the dragon Idunal, have to find a cure to save her.

Where/when does the story take place?
           
The main action takes place on the underwater city of Aquaria, where Darinel is under the spell of Queen Ozeania.

How did the story come to you? And if there’s an answer to Why?
           
The idea came right after writing book one since I felt the main characters had more stories in them and they wanted them to be told.

Who is your target audience?
           
Middle Grade Readers

What makes your book different from other similar ones?
           
Most fantasy books deal with a mad, angry or mean dragon, but my dragon is friendly, resourceful and loyal to his human friend.

What do your fans mean to you?
           
Fans are the motor of my writing and help me achieve my dream of writing.

Where do you get the inspirations for your book(s)?
           
From working with children, from observing children interact with each other.

Any advice for new writers just beginning this trek down the wonderful world of publishing?
           
Be patient and persistent. Writing is a long alpine path with a rewarding finish.

Thank you, Antje. For more info on her books, please visit her AUTHOR PAGE.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Antje! Can't wait to read more of your books! But where are your links so I can buy a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, if you click on AUTHOR PAGE, you will be directed to her book covers to click and get more info.

      Delete
  2. Tahnk you, Suzanne. I love to sell via Museitup Publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Antje! This was a wonderful interview!

    I am also a big fan of Lucy Maud Montgomery. I always loved her Anne of Green Gables series and the Emily books. I have the same writing desk as you, sitting on the sofa holding my laptop. :)

    I like the words you use to describe yourself and you as a reader. I believe mine would be similar.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview. .Congratulations,Antje.Looking forward to meeting your characters again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved learning more about you and your books. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for participating and leaving us a comment.