Pages

All Because of Chickens

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Saturday Morning Musings: You and your character's age

Hello, Saturday.

Here's to a bright day for everyone.

Well, now either cyber gremlins waylaid everyone's replies to this week's challenge or no one remembered to answer or just a tad too nervous to admit what they were like when they were their character's age. Me? Well, I don't write MG/YA, but if I was my character's age I don't think I would have the courage to go on a honeymoon by myself and take chances like she did.

However, our dear Dawn has taken up the challenge...



In 'Daffodil and the Thin Place', the eponymous Daffodil is thirteen years old. She is very similar to me at that age, in that she likes to keep out of the limelight and maintains a very low profile. Initially, she lacks confidence although she finds inner strengths that I definitely didn't have at that age or for many years later. Eventually, Daffodil displays an enormous amount of courage, putting her friends' needs before her own and I'd like to think that under similar circumstances, I would have shown the same bravery, but I suspect that wouldn't have been the case!


Keep reading and dreaming. If there’s anything you’re curious about just drop me a note: MuseChrisChat@gmail.com






1 comment:

  1. I don't remember getting this so maybe it was just one of those things. But I can answer this anyway. If I choose Carolyn Samuels, my character in If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor, I was similar in some ways to her. I felt I was too fat and I was a little heavier on the bottom. But I didn't want to be a cheerleader. I wanted to be popular, though. But I was not even fourteen and, I was not sure of who I was. Also, I was in junior high for 9th grade, so I started high school as a sophomore. I wasn't bullied, though. In junior high I had a group with which I stayed and the only uncomfortable moment came when my friends who knew I had a crush on this boy, tried to get us together and let's just say it was very public and awkward for both of us. We never did get together and I always wonder what if.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for participating and leaving us a comment.