Pages

All Because of Chickens

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Saturday Morning Musings: Super powers?

Happy Saturday!


Having a fun day?


Well, as you can tell, I'm a little late in posting today. It's as if time decided to speed up on me and steal hours, even a few minutes here and there were enough to cause trouble. Now, really, we know time is the same at any second. It doesn't speed up or slow down, but I sure wish I had the ability to slow it down...or speed it up...even go back in time.

And, yes, that's a lead in to today's fun time question for our Musers:


The super power you want is _____________.


TERRI BERTHA, Mainstream NEW author

The super power I want is to definitely know if heaven and hell exist (without actually dying).  Then I can decide if I should be having more fun in this life.



NOELLE ALLADANIA MEADE, Mainstream author


When I was a kid, the super power I wanted was to be able to shape change. I remember that I wanted to be either a dragon or a mouse – a mouse so no one would notice me or a dragon if they did.

As an adult with too many things I want to do, I’d love to be able to twiddle with time and actually be two (or more) places at once. I used to think clones, but then the clones would all fight about who got to do the fun stuff and who had to stay home and clean house. And no one wants to be the clone that has to weed the garden. Time manipulation is much better.



If I could have a superpower, it would probably be invisibility. It would be so useful to be able to sneak into places I wanted, escape from people, and just have fun. I wouldn't use it to steal things, but I won't say I wouldn't sneak into places like Disney World...I've always thought having Harry Potter's invisibility cloak would be amazing, but to have the power to turn invisible yourself would be even better!



With a wave of a magic wand, I would wish to share my tales of times past with countless readers.



When Chris asked which superpower I would like, I thought the only problem I’d have, was in narrowing down an enormously long list. However, when I really started to think about it, I realised that along with superpowers, come super-responsibilities and super-problems.

For example, imagine knowing absolutely everything, if you had super-knowledge. How would you switch off all those thoughts at night? How would you deal with knowing all the sad or disturbing things there are to know in the world? Might you be tempted to use your knowledge for personal gain?

Or suppose you were able to go back in time, would you be able to resist interfering with people or events? I know I wouldn’t! I’ve always thought it might be interesting to watch Henry VIII’s face when he was informed that the gender of babies was determined by the man and not the woman! But there are certainly more important and pivotal moments in history where a nudge would have changed everything.

After much consideration, I decided that I needed a benign superpower, and so, the one that I would like, is to be able to speak and understand all the languages in the world (and out of this world, if there are any!). I don’t think this would give me too many ethical problems and some might say it’s a waste of a wish because I wouldn’t be able to influence the world or anyone in it, but it would allow me to make lots more friends. And there’s nothing wrong with that!




Keep reading and dreaming. If there’s anything you’re curious about just drop me a note: MuseChrisChat@gmail.com


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, so fun to see a banner of my YA novel EARRINGS OF IXTUMEA! While the YA world is demanding more diversity, my book has it and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my superpower, I'd love to be able to fly. I always thought that would be a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for participating and leaving us a comment.