Pages

All Because of Chickens

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Saturday Morning Musings: Collaboration



Hey, hey, Saturday Morning Musings is back!


How was everyone's summer? Everyone back to school? I don't know about anyone else, but the year always seems to start with September and end with June...my part of our musings world's school season.

Time to see what our Musers are sharing today, it's all in answer to Terri's question: if you could collaborate with any current author on your new manuscript, who would it be?


TERRI BERTHA, Mainstream NEW author

It definitely would be Stephen King, the master of the macabre.  To work and study with someone who has written some of the best and most effective horror, suspense, science fiction, fantasy would be beyond my wildest dream.  It is clear that he loves to write and is good at it, based on the numerous awards he has received. Mr. King’s ability to make you love his characters, only to be terrified and scared to death of them in your waking and sleeping hours, is unique.  In my opinion, he is at his best when he writes the 'real creepy scary stuff'.



If I could collaborate with any author I would choose Dennis Lehane, even though he only writes adult books, I love his writing style. Maybe we could figure out a way to combine our ideas into one book. I would actually like to write an adult book so his expertise would help me very much. Perhaps we could find an idea that would suit both of us. I have always wanted to write about my father’s life before he got married and having an author like Dennis Lehane with me, who has written so many great historical novels, would be great! We could write about the twenties and thirties and how some young ambitious kids got involved with the mob so they could make money. But maybe even if I don’t collaborate with him, that is a good idea.



If I could collaborate with any current author, I think it would be Jonathan Stroud. I loved his Bartimaeus series (YA fantasy) with its wit and humour and the clever use of magic. The main character Bartimaeus is hilarious and captivating, probably one of my favourite characters of all time. I would love to work with JS on another fantasy novel, to explore neat magical ideas as well as characters in whatever world we create. I've never collaborated on a book before, but if I had to, I would choose an author of books I already love, because much of my writing is inspired by them anyway.


ALIX RICHARDS, Hot author:

Over the years a couple of authors/writers have mentioned collaborating on works. But our schedules didn’t allow for it. A friend said the universe was working against such an idea. LOL There are many I would love working with on a piece. However, if given a chance, I would love to collaborate with Mel Favreaux. Our worlds are similar and it would be interesting to see what would come out of it.

So Mel, if you’re reading this…I have empty time coming up. Just sayin’…



My current manuscript is a fantasy about garden gnomes and the author I would love to collaborate with is Terry Pratchett. Sadly, he passed away some time ago, so that is not possible. However, in my opinion, Terry Pratchett was the master of humorous fantasy and it would be wonderful to talk my story over with him and to hear his ideas.


KURT DYSAN, Hot author

I'd love to collaborate with Haruki Murakami. It would be a fascinating opportunity to get inside his sense of story. Books like Wild Sheep Chase came from some curious ideas and thought processes. Actually, I'd be even happier if, instead of collaborating we just lived near each other while we each wrote a book and in the evening we got together to listen to jazz (a shared passion), have a drink, and talk about our work and what we were trying to accomplish (successes and problems).



Keep reading and dreaming. If there’s anything you’re curious about just drop me a note: MuseChrisChat@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating and leaving us a comment.