Pages

All Because of Chickens

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Saturday Morning Musings: Formula writing


Hello, Saturday!

How did your first October week go? This weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving, so Happy Thanksgiving to all us Canadians...and the wishes of the time to all our world friends.

I have another lame entry to this week's topic...is there a formula to writing this genre...and it was going to be family dinners and recipes, but I think I missed the timing here, so let's get to everyone's thoughts instead.



If there is a formula to writing this genre, I'm not sure I know what it is! Looking back to the books I enjoyed when I was young, they were all varied and I think I might have grown bored with very similar books. As a writer, if it occurred to me that I'd hit upon a formula, I'd want to do something completely different in case my stories were becoming predictable, so a formula would be valuable as something to use sparingly and then avoid.



I dislike formula writing as it gets blah reading. However, every story theme does have an ARC that outlines the story flow...an expectation of what will come next. When that's not followed a story can feel "off." Then, again, sometimes "off" makes the story exciting.


Keep reading and dreaming. If there’s anything you’re curious about just drop me a note: MuseChrisChat@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating and leaving us a comment.