Pages

All Because of Chickens

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Saturday Morning Musings: What is Saturday Morning Musings?


Hi,

I’m a few hours late in getting this posted today. The “today” has thirty-one minutes left as I type.

Last Sunday on Sunday Musings I explained how that weekly blog posting got started. Yesterday, I talked about our other weekly blog posting was started…look, I’m walking a tightrope here, I need to be both respectful of the topic and still not sound like I’m talking down to anyone here…and, yes, I think I’m failing at both, so moving on.

What is Saturday Morning Musings?

It’s a place to meet and get a feel about our authors who write your specific genre: MG/Tween/Teen/YA/New YA.

The one thing you can be sure about is we never shy away from any topic. Yes, for the most part we’re talking PG. Yes, some of our authors use strong language, even a more personal situation.

I strive…don’t always succeed…to ask questions that I wanted to have answered when I was young (okay, like I said last Sunday, I’m not the age of dinosaurs). We want to talk with you, not at you. We want you to be as excited about reading as we are.

We want you to be writers…called pass on the craziness.

We want to pass on advice without the lectures. We want to give you an escape from the stress of being your age.

We want to be serious and have fun.

Then why the boring title? Because back in my day when I walked with the dinosaurs, we had something called Saturday Morning Cartoons…on every major channel and network. Some nearly all day long. Most from eight in the morning till about noon, then again around supper time. Granted we only had three, maybe five major channels, but they weren’t filled with politics or infomercials. They were cartoons, monster movies, SF movies, mysteries…pure fun.

Hence, the boring title: Saturday Morning Musings. Maybe our motto should be…bringing the fun and escape back to Saturdays?

Now to our familiar ending…


Keep reading and dreaming. If there’s anything you’re curious about just drop me a note: MuseChrisChat@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating and leaving us a comment.